- Q. Please tell me the flight rules of drone
In Japan, from 10th December 2015, flight rules of unmanned aircraft such as drone and radio controlled aircraft were newly legislated and enforced. Also, on April 7, 2016, the Dron flight regulation strengthening law, which prohibits the drone flight over the Imperial Palace, Nagatacho / Kasumigaseki government office town, nationwide nuclear power plants summit venue, was enacted.
【Airspace requiring drone’s flight permission by Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism】 】
Airspace (A) and (B) that may affect the safety of aircraft navigation.
(A) ⇒ The airport and its surroundings (It is within 9 km radius, but there are restrictions on the approaching surface (direction of takeoff and landing) by the airport.
(B) ⇒ Altitude of 150 m or more from the ground surface or the water surface. Above the population concentration area (C).
(C) ⇒ District with population density 4,000 people / km² (For details, please see the next section [Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications jSTATMAP]).
【Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications jSTATMAP】
1. From the following site, please access “Statistical Analysis of Area by jSTATMAP” by Statistics Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
→ https://jstatmap.e-stat.go.jp/gis/nstac/index.html ※ Link to external site
2. Click “trial version” and click “Start trial”.
3. Please select the prefecture on the “To Map” screen.
4. Select the prefecture and select the population concentration area (H22 year) by pull down “administrative circle (unselected)” on the upper right of the screen displayed.
5. The administrative circle with a population density of 4,000 people / km² or more is displayed in red on the map
【Airspace for which drone’s flight was prohibited (see the figure below)】
- The Imperial Palace and the surrounding area, Nagatacho / Kasumigaseki Government and Public Town (see the figure below)
- Nationwide nuclear power plant and its surroundings
- Summit venue and surroundings (Summit venue, Dates)
【Drone’s Flight Regulation (Others)】
- Make it fly during the day (regulation of night flight)
- To constantly monitor surrounding situations by visual inspection (regulation of non-visual flight)
- Keep a certain distance between a person or property and make it fly (see the figure below)
- Festival, outdoor concert venue etc. Event over the sky
- Prohibition of transportation of hazardous materials such as explosives, combustibles, radioactive materials
- Prohibition other than those specified by Ordinance of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
For details, please refer to the relevant page of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport from the link below.
Flight rules of unmanned aerial vehicles (drone, radio controlled equipment, etc.)
→ http://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/koku_tk10_000003.html ※Link to external site
About the entry surface of each airport etc.
→ http://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/koku_tk10_000004.html ※Link to external site
Drone & IoT Business Seminar / Information Request / Inquiry
Drone & IoT Business Seminar
We have a briefing session for business owners.Drone & IoT Business Seminar Information
We will teach plenty of business know-how of Drone called the empty industrial revolution.
From time to time! (Free participation · complete reservation system)
Information request / inquiry
We will inform you about various materials request and inquiries concerning our products.Information Request / Inquiry